The commodity channel index (CCI) is an oscillator originally introduced by Donald Lambert in 1980. Since its introduction, the indicator has grown in popularity and is now a very common tool for traders in identifying cyclical trends not only in commodities, but also equities and currencies.
CCI fits into the momentum category of oscillators. Like most oscillators, the CCI was developed to determine overbought and oversold levels. The CCI does this by measuring the relation between price and a moving average (MA), or, more specifically, normal deviations from that average. The CCI typically oscillates above and below a zero line. Normal oscillations will occur within the range of +100 and −100. Readings above +100 usually imply an overbought condition, while readings below −100 imply an oversold condition. As with other overbought/oversold indicators, this means that there is a large probability that the price will correct to more representative levels.
Easy CCI provides a comprehensive dashboard that allows you to view the CCI value of multiple instrument (currency pairs, indices and commodities) across 6 timeframes (M5, M15, M30, H1, H4, D1) at one glance.
Below are some key features of this indicator:
- An easy to read dashboard interface to give you a one glance view of the CCI values of multiple instrument across different timeframes,
- Allows configuration of the instrument/timeframes to be displayed on the dashboard,
- Allows configuration of oversold/overbought condition that best suit your personal trading strategy,
- Allows configuration of period used to determine the CCI,
- Support 3 types of alerts (on-screen prompt, email and push notification to your MT4 mobile app) when the overbought/oversold condition is hit.
Note: Please ensure that you have the MT4 client installed on your computer before making this purchase as this indicator can only work within the MT4 software.