Since the beginning of time, metals such as gold and silver are widely recognised as valuable and they have a place in every savvy investor’s portfolio. Precious metals offer unique inflationary protection – they have intrinsic value, they carry no credit risk and they themselves cannot be inflated (you can’t print more of them). They also offer genuine “upheaval insurance”, against financial or political/military upheavals. From an investment theory standpoint, precious metals also provide low or negative correlation to other asset classes like stocks and bonds. This means that even a small percentage of precious metals in a portfolio will reduce both volatility and risk.
Gold has been widely used as a vehicle for monetary exchange, either through gold coins and bullion, or through paper currency backed by gold reserves. Gold standards and the direct convertibility of currencies to gold have been abandoned by world governments in favor of fiat currency systems.
Silver coins are possibly the oldest mass produced form of standardized money tokens, used as coinage since Ancient Greece. Silver bullion coins are purchased to hedge against currency inflation or as a store of value. Silver is used to make ornaments, jewelry, tableware and utensils, and in a variety of industrial applications.
Platinum as an investment has a much shorter history in the financial sector than does either gold or silver, which were known to ancient civilizations. Experts posit that platinum is about 15-20 times scarcer than gold, on the basis of annual mine production. Because of this fact, platinum has nearly always tended to sell at a significant price premium to gold.
Key features of Easy Metal Tracker:
– Keep a close watch of the price of the most commonly invested precious metals using an easy to read dashboard so as to know when is a good time to enter or exit the market.
– News ticker displaying important news related to gold, silver and platinum.
– Keep yourself up to date with news flash alert whenever there is a breaking news.
– Receive notification when gold/silver/platinum price moves more than 7%.
– Share current gold/silver/platinum price with family and friends.